Shareable content is something that your clients will enjoy enough to click the share button on Facebook or re-tweet on Twitter, helping you widen your content reach. When you create shareable content, you are getting closer to having content that goes viral, which will help bring in more clicks, likes, and, in the end, more revenue. This is precisely why it is important. How can you create shareable content? Never fear! I am going to take a look at some of the top tips just for you.
11 Awesome Ways to Create Shareable Content
Get your thinking cap on and prepare to learn some awesome ways to create great, shareable content for your clients.
1. Create Content that Provides Value to Your Readers. Something that people look for in content is if it provides some sort of value to their lives. This can be in the way of a DIY project, recipes, how to get healthy, and many other things. No matter what your industry is, you are always able to create valuable content that your clients can take and apply to their lives or businesses. A great way to tell if it is valuable is to think, “If I were one of my clients, would this post provide me with the information I am seeking?” If the answer is yes, then you have valuable content.
2. Keep Things Positive to Get More Shares. One of the often joked about aspects of the Internet is how negative people can be. Whether it is people trolling reviewers for books or games or if it is about a political stance, people can simply be mean and negative. This doesn’t just happen in the comments either. There are plenty of places to promote and share negative content, and it can get pretty exhausting for most people. Because of this, positive content is an absolute must when you want your content to be shareable. By creating positive content, you have more of a chance to stand out from the other sources on social media, and get more shares. Becoming a positive force on the Internet is significantly more powerful than you may realize. Try it out and see what benefits you reap.
3. Share and Create Content that Clients Have an Interest in. When you create or share a resource on your social media channels, you need to make sure your clients are truly interested in it. The best way to do this is to research your client base and learn what they like, where their interests lie, and even take some time to look over analytics. This can help you tailor all of your posts to make sure they have the impact you want. In addition, content that your clients are interested in will make it much more likely to be shared. Interesting content equals sharable content.
4. Make Your Content Look Awesome. A big part of creating sharable content is whether or not it is aesthetically pleasing. If it doesn’t look like it is put together well, people are less likely to share it. However, if your content has a put together look and utilizes high quality images or videos, people will be more apt to share it. People love quality whether it is in written format or photos, videos and any other form of media. A great way to make written content aesthetically appealing is to make sure it has a great flow that people can quickly and easily skim their eyes over. Once you do this, you are well on your way to getting more shares for your content.
5. Ask Your Followers for Their Input On Topics. You can get people to share your content, but if you have them put their two-cents in, people are more likely to share, as Social Media Examiner points out. First of all, this increases social media engagement, which is something every business or person wants on his or her social pages. Second, if you listen to the suggestions and make content based off of input, people will share and are likely to say, “This page listened to me! Take a look.” People love feeling involved and they also like feeling that they helped a business with something. That feeling of importance is something many of us enjoy, and you can provide a little taste of that with just asking, and listening, to a bit of client input.
6. Use Photographs on Facebook and Twitter. One of the best ways to get your content shared is to use images in your social media campaign. According to Jeff Bullas, Facebook posts that share an image obtain a 37 percent higher level of engagement, which shows just how important photos are. Use them in your social posts, blogs, web content, and even press releases to garner more results as well as more shares.
7. Create Content of Varying Lengths. When you write up content, you should try to provide readers with different lengths of articles. The battle over how long a blog post or piece of web content should be has long raged on, but if you provide different lengths instead of looking for that “sweet spot” you are able to reach out to a wider audience. Some people like to read short and to the point pieces where as other people want to read an in-depth article on a topic. Provide them with the choice, and even throw in a few different formats such as infographics, videos, or podcasts. It is important to remember that, while shorter content is helpful for your readers, long Web content is still winning the content length war.
8. Make Your Customers Feel Smart. Another great way to create shareable content is to make your customers feel and look smart. People aren’t likely to share something that will make them look silly, but if you provide them with content that is great at making them look intelligent, they will share it. This goes hand-in-hand with creating valuable content, as well as creating content that teaches your clients something new while helping them know they are truly smart.
9. Use Content Curation Tools to Find Great Content to Share. It can be difficult to come up with excellent content ideas all the time but, if you use content curation tools, you can come up with some great topics. Content curation tools can help you find great resources for your blogs, as well as helping you learn about topics in your industry and what your clients will be interested in. It also helps you find great sources to share on your social media accounts.
10. Make Sure You Have Captivating Headlines. Headlines are vital to any and all content because a headline can be what convinces someone to click on the link. In addition to convincing a reader to click the link, a captivating headline can also be what convinces someone to share a post. If your headline is crafty, fun, and insightful, you will find that your followers and readers are more likely to share or re-tweet. Once that post is out on their Facebook or Twitter, then the headline can convince their followers to not only click on the link but to share as well. The cycle continues, providing you with some truly excellent results.
11. Share Various List Posts with Followers. Along with photographs, people love lists. When someone clicks on your content, they are more likely to stay on it if it is in list format. This makes it easier to skim the content and find the bits of information that are more valuable to the reader. Once someone has been able to skim over your list, they are also more likely to share it with others, according to Convinceandconvert.com.