Website Appearance planning tips
A site must be visually appealing, polished and professional. Remember, it’s reflecting your company, your products and your services. Your website may be the first, and only, impression a potential customer receives of your company.
An attractive site is far more likely to generate a positive impression and keep visitors on your site once they arrive. As businesses large and small continue to populate the web, your challenge is to attract and keep users’ attention. Ideas like this are what PR professionals pay attention to keep their businesses successful.
- Good use of color: an appropriate color scheme will contain 2 or 3 primary colors that blend well and create a proper mood or tone for your business. Don’t overdo the color, as it can distract from the written content.
- Text that is easily read: The most easily read combination is black text on a white background, but many other color combinations are acceptable if the contrast is within an appropriate range. Use fonts that are easy to read and are found on most of today’s computer systems. depending on your audience. Keep font size for paragraph text between 10 and 12 pts.
- Meaningful graphics: Graphics are important, as they lend visual variety and appeal to an otherwise boring page of text. However, don’t over-use them, and make sure that add meaning or context to your written content. Don’t overload any one page with more than 3 or 4 images.
- Quality photography: A simple way to increase visual appeal is to use high quality photography. High quality product images are especially important for on-line retailers.
- Simplicity: Keep it simple and allow for adequate white space. Uncluttered layouts allow viewers to focus on your message. Don’t overload your site with overly complex design, animation, or other effects just to impress your viewers.